Holding yourself accountable is tough.
When was the last time you committed to yourself, started something new, only to find yourself days later lost and not knowing what to do?
We all have been there.
One thing that separates Hustle One Fitness is our high level of accountability.
We always make sure to put your fitness first, and help you take one step closer to your goals everyday.
Here are seven tips for staying accountable to yourself:
- Engage in your own community. Not a social media person? That’s just fine. Tell a friend about your goal and text them everyday about whether you did it or not.
- Set reminders on your phone. Schedule your workouts like appointments you can’t miss. Set an appointment every week for your meal prep. Set a reminder to drink 20oz of water 4x a day.
- Tell a friend when you are planning on going to the gym. By putting your intentions out there, you have created an expectation that you will want to follow through on.
- Print off a calendar. Hang it in a visible spot, and cross off the days you hit the gym or stayed true to your nutrition plan, so that you can visually see all the marks of your success. Success breeds motivation.
- This is only for the social media peeps. Share your story on social media or another public forum. There is something to be said for putting it all out there! You never know it may impact others to take action.
- Take progress pics. To see our progress, we have to keep in perspective where we started. We get used to how we currently look because change is subtle and gradual.
- Constantly remind yourself of your “why.” A goal is great, but if we don’t know why we want to reach it, it doesn’t mean much. Take a picture of your why and make it the background on your phone.